Friday, May 30, 2008

11 Years after that Matrimonial Ceremony...

I know I'll get murdered for this. I could blog about anything from my camera to Geylang market but I just could not find a time to blog about this important day. 11 years ago, on the 22nd May, I was married to Mr Yusri. And 11 yrs later, here we are 'Still standing strong and defending our marriage against all odds". That is what written in the card that was sent to me on Wed, 22 May 08.

As every other day, I was about to start work at 9am (after going to the toilet, making coffee, gossiping with the cleaner and cleaning my desk..), the phone rang...

Uncle : Hello, I want to send flower.

Me : Flower? My colleague not in yet. Send to me also can.

Uncle : You, Kasemawali Binte Alullah?? (##@*&^%**)

Me : Yes, Yes correct. My friend Sandy still not in. Just pass to me also can.

Uncle : No, no..you Kasemawali? Your husband send flower lah. For you not your friend one..

Me : HUHHH?? MY HUSBAND?? OK OK..I am at Level...bla bla bla

I was stunned for a minute and looked at the calendar.."Oh gosh, what day is today?" and I realised it was 22 May. Aaaaaarrgghhh..how could I forgot. 10 mins later an uncle came with a bouquet of red roses. He knows I love roses and he knows I love pink. He sent me 11 red roses and 11 pink roses in a pink wrapper. Was deeply touched and smiling from ear to ear while receiving the flowers. The uncle said..."Waaah..your husband so lomantic..conglats arr"..

Love the flowers. Called hubby immediately but he did not answer. Must be busy. I kept looking at the flowers and already in my La la Land when my boss came landing in. Oops.. He saw it but pretend did not see it. Walked past me the second time, looked at it but walked away. Third time, he came up to me and said..."Hmm..Flowers. From errrrr....errrrr....." I looked hard at him..and he said.."Its ok..I wont ask if you wouldnt tell, I know my two girls here have quite a number of admirers. I said.."My husband lah deiii...its our 11th wedding anniversary. Me? Admirers? That man must be blind.

All I can say is thanks from the bottom of my heart to darling hubby. Maybe I dont say much but I appreciate it. Even without the flowers, I will still love you and will still be your dutiful wife. Laps you lah dear..

To my two sister in laws. Dont be JELOOS..Find a LOMANTIC boyfriend ok. I have kebas one already, Aaron Aziz also married. So you wait lah hor. If not you can buy yourself at Thomson nursery. Very cheap one. One dozen $6...hehehe...

No comments: